Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second PRS 2012 Ride - Hell's Gate Sat Jul 7
Date: Saturday July 7th Ride is a GO! (Stay up to date on this post)
Weather Permitting. Look for the GREEN message above.

Time: 9:30am, leaving 10:00am sharp!
Meet: Vancouver BMW Ducati (3061 Grandview Hwy, Vancouver)

Destination: Elvis Rocks the Canyon (42225 Trans Canada Hwy, Hells Gate, BC) 604-867-9260

Approximate Ride Time: 3.5 hours + time for lunch.

YOU MUST STOP IN HOPE FOR GAS!!!

Direct Route Link (2hr 30m) via Hwy#1: Direct Route Map
Scenic Route Via Mission Back Roads (3hr 30m): Extended Route via Mission Back Roads

Please familiarize yourself with the route! (link above)

Come ride with your fellow PRS grads (and possibly some of the other PRS crew) for a nice easy cruise through the country side and stop for a nice lunch at the Elvis Rocks the Canyon Cafe by Hell's Gate.

We will have a quick briefing on the route, rules of the ride, possibly split up into different teams of 5 and assign leaders. Please bring lots of liquids and cash for lunch.

Because we need to inform the restaurant that we're coming, we need everyone to reply here so we can do a head count.
Please reply to this thread so we can get a sense of numbers.

** Please refrain from e-mailing or calling the PRS line for inquries. Direct your questions via email to me, or via this forum. **

Thanks,
Brose
---------
Brose
If my fairings are all fixed and it's not raining, I'm in.
Crap, I just checked my schedule and I have a commitment I can't get out of.
Next time... Sad
Okay, I'm in now Smile
Distance is measured in the amount of bugs I splatter on my visor...
- Hooray. Now I just need to book that weekend off before anyone volun-tells me to work.
Can I join in at hope or somwhere along the route? As I live in abbotsford and you would be going right by me.
Totally in!
I'm in!
Slideways Wrote:Can I join in at hope or somwhere along the route? As I live in abbotsford and you would be going right by me.
I can't promise you a time, maybe hook up with someone here, and they'll meet you in Hope somewhere? I'll leave it to you to organize something.
---------
Brose
Slideways Wrote:Can I join in at hope or somwhere along the route? As I live in abbotsford and you would be going right by me.

I'm not sure where abouts in Abbotsford you live, but based on the Route for the back roads through Mission, your best jump on point will probably be in Mission, just after Line 12.

There appears to be a bit of a clearing at the South-East corner of Dewdney Trunk Road and Cedar Street, across the street from the child care centre. That intersection is a 4-way stop so you should be able to jump in with a group as they ride by. I would estimate the first group to roll past at around 11:45am if the timings from Google Maps are to be believed.
I'm in as long as we're not riding in a monsoon. Tongue
Can i join the ride? I just finished the prs course last month.
akaR6 Wrote:Can i join the ride? I just finished the prs course last month.

Although any one can join our PRS rides, this one in particular is quite a long one (3.5 hours each way), and is usually not recommended for our newer riders.

One of the questions that come up is: "Is the ride technical?"
The ride is only as technical as your throttle hand allows. Everyone should be riding at their comfort level, which means slowing down for corners in areas you are not familiar with.
---------
Brose
Thanx for the reply. I started riding last summer and did some long distance rides but i still consider myself a noob, as long as the pace is within the speed limit i think im okay.
akaR6 Wrote:Thanx for the reply. I started riding last summer and did some long distance rides but i still consider myself a noob, as long as the pace is within the speed limit i think im okay.

This is a PRS ride.. pace is ALWAYS within speed limit! Smile If you attend the ride, when they organize people into different groups, look for the new rider groups.
---------
Brose
Mark and I are IN!! (everyone do a sun dance...no RAIN!!)
Im In +1
"4 Wheels Move the body......2 Wheels Move the Soul"

<3 Zoom Zoom <3
I'm there as long as the weather cooperates.
Yes, I'm in..
Hi, Yes I'm in..