Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FS: 1979 Yamaha SR500 Cafe Racer
Hey folks,

I have for sale a North American-spec 1979 Yamaha SR500 for sale. Mileage is curently at 11,000 miles (rounded up.) My SR500 is equipped with an era-specific Brooklands AJS 7R kit and a few other goodies.

I purchased and imported this bike myself from Southern California where it was stored in a collector's living room up until he passed away last year. I have all the import documents and maintenance records since 1979 up until this very day. Smile

The bike is well taken care of and was completely overhauled by Dave & Darcy @ Cypress Motorbike in Delta. Overhaul includes a complete tear down of the fuel system, carbs, electrical systems, brakes and a full dyno tune. The bike has excellent compression and does not leak any oil. Turn on the fuel tap, check your kill switch, kick start and away you go. The suspension is second to none with the Racetech Gold Valve emulators and Ohlins YA148 rear shocks. Tires are brand new Bridgestone Battleax BT-45 (front and rear.) Era specific Derale oil-cooler, Supertrap exhaust, Tomaselli clip-on bars and dyno tuned carb.

An amazing and unique bike which qualifies under the ICBC Collector program as everything is era-specific and conforms OEM specifications. It's been a blast to ride and I've had my fun but I'm looking to get back into the Vespa scene once again. I suppose old habits die hard. Wink

I am asking $5500 or your best offer. I will not refuse a reasonable offer to the right owner. Please note that I do not check the forums very often so I would suggest you contact me via e-mail: bcrdukes (at) gmail (dot) com (no spaces.) Photos below. This is a private sale and not dealership. The photos were taken outside Cypress Motorbike in Delta upon the overhaul project.

Thanks for reading my ad. Keep 'em two up! 8-)

Mike
[Image: sr500_1.JPG][Image: sr500_2.JPG]
[Image: sr500_3.JPG][Image: sr500_4.JPG]
Make a paper ad and we'll post it for you on the PRS board!
---------
Brose