Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First PRS ride for 2011 with Kramer & Brose - Apr 16
Great to see so many riders out. We didn't do the city ride, but lunch at Troll's was great.

Four of us rode on and stopped at Porteau, then on to Squamish for a coffee.

On the way back, saw a blue bike on a flatbed and two police cars between Porteau and HS Bay at around 5:45. Long line of traffic backed up Southbound. Two other riders were stopped. Wasn't sure if it was an accident or a confiscation, left side of the bike looked undamaged, can't say for the other side. If it was the same incident and an accident, I hope the rider was OK.

Stay safe all.
"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. " - Steven Wright
Squeakerfish Wrote:On the way back, saw a blue bike on a flatbed and two police cars between Porteau and HS Bay at around 5:45. Long line of traffic backed up Southbound. Two other riders were stopped. Wasn't sure if it was an accident or a confiscation, left side of the bike looked undamaged, can't say for the other side. If it was the same incident and an accident, I hope the rider was OK.
Stay safe all.
It was the same, the rider was fine, he just went too fast around a right turn, slid and (I think, couldn't hear properly) hit the median and slid, got flung off, which was good, cuz the SUV behind him ran over his bike.

Everyone involved seemed fine and in good spirits when I left.
---------
Brose
Cableguy Wrote:It was the same, the rider was fine, he just went too fast around a right turn, slid and (I think, couldn't hear properly) hit the median and slid, got flung off, which was good, cuz the SUV behind him ran over his bike.

Good to hear.

And nice to meet you finally Ambrose ;-)

Cheers,
Paige
"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. " - Steven Wright
Cableguy Wrote:
Squeakerfish Wrote:On the way back, saw a blue bike on a flatbed and two police cars between Porteau and HS Bay at around 5:45. Long line of traffic backed up Southbound. Two other riders were stopped. Wasn't sure if it was an accident or a confiscation, left side of the bike looked undamaged, can't say for the other side. If it was the same incident and an accident, I hope the rider was OK.
Stay safe all.
It was the same, the rider was fine, he just went too fast around a right turn, slid and (I think, couldn't hear properly) hit the median and slid, got flung off, which was good, cuz the SUV behind him ran over his bike.

Definitely kids, looked VERY young. From what I remember, at least one of them had leather gear as well. At least they knew to wear some protection.
glad to hear everyone is ok.
Fun ride! Thx