Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tire talk!
The snippets of an email from a guy named Chris!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Bernie,
I took 101 with you and I have a question. I remember you talking about the importance of tires and the proper psi. I bought new tires last year and had them installed. I just got my bike ready for the new season and was trying to figure out where to find the optimum psi levels. I looked on the swing arm and it states 36 front and 42 back for the type of tires that came stock. I bought pirelli diablo rosso corsa's and the max psi it states on the tires is 42 psi. I have a 2005 Suzuki GSXR 750. Where do I go to find out the best psi to put my tires at for these ones? and future tires I may get?
Sorry to bother you about this.
Sincerely,
Chris
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris,
stick with what Suzuki says.
What's on the tire is the max. It can be that or less, depending upon the bike.
Check the Pirelli website, look up motorcycle tires, and see what they say for that tire on your bike.
Solo, in cold weather, you could probably put a little less in the rear tire.
Bernie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate your time. I have looked at pirelli's website already but was unable to find anything to do with psi levels. I even sent an email last year at one point but never got a response back from them. So I thought I would ask your opinion.
Take care and ride safe.
Sincerely,
Chris
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris,
I picked Suzuki GSXR 1000
https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/motorcycle/homepage
I picked a street tire, good all year model from what I can quickly tell
https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/moto...n=#/search

Convert Bar to PSI and you have recommended pressure.
Bar X 14.5 = PSI

Bernie
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found it. I didn't know that's what the bar was for. Thank you very much for the help.
Chris
BC Children's Hospital Foundation Balding for Dollars

Email Bernie: PRSMechanic(at)hotmail(dot)com